Shropshire Outdoor Partnerships: Working towards a ‘happy, healthy, green, more active Shropshire’
The Shropshire Outdoor Partnerships Service is the part of Shropshire Council that maintains and develops recreational access, conserves and enhances the natural environment and encourages people to improve their wellbeing by being active outdoors.
The Service maintains and protects Public Rights of Way, Country Parks, Countryside Heritage Sites, works with lots of volunteers and delivers health initatives such as Walking for Health and the Wild Teams.
Working with local communities across Shropshire, our priorities are to:
- Conserve and enhance the natural environment
- Improve people’s health and wellbeing
- Support the local tourism economy
A wide range of local people volunteer to help us, including those involved in:
Together we all help you enjoy Shropshire’s Great Outdoors!
Parks, countryside sites and greenspaces
Outdoor Partnerships help you to access Shropshire’s countryside and greenspaces:
- Managing Country Parks, heritage sites and local greenspaces for people, landscape and wildlife
- Creating opportunities to improve potential for play and quiet recreation
- Helping you protect, conserve and enjoy wildlife on your doorstep and make a difference to where you live
- Promoting local sites to help support the local visitor economy
Rights of Way
Outdoor Partnerships help you access one of the largest networks of Public Rights of Way in the country
- Maintaining over 5,500 km’s of routes
- Working together with communities and landowners
- Promoting routes to help support the visitor economy
- Increasing physical activity to improve the health and wellbeing of Shropshire residents
For information on the legalities of Public Rights of Way, including the Definitive Map, please go to: https://shropshire.gov.uk/outdoor-partnerships/
Health and Wellbeing
Please see the ‘I am Endurance’ film for a truly inspiring story about overcoming domestic abuse by taking to the great outdoors.
What we do
Please click here for the Shropshire’s Great Outdoors Strategy 2018-28, the latest Annual Report and User Survey results.
We would like to sincerely thank Zia Robins for all her help with copy and photographs for this website- thanks for all your time and support!