Become a member of Shropshire’s Great Outdoors membership scheme and support the Country Parks and Sites across Shropshire that you love!
Not only will you be helping to protect the future of Shropshire’s beautiful countryside, but you will also receive some amazing member benefits, including:
- 10% off at Theatre Severn and The Old Market Hall
- 10% off at The Boathouse in Ellesmere
- 10% discount in the café at Severn Valley Country Park, nr Bridgnorth, and discounts on events
- Free car parking at The Mere and Severn Valley Country Park
- Discounts on bookings at the Wardens Bungalow at The Mere
- 10% off at Dave Mellor Cycles and High Sports in Shrewsbury
- Discounts at Long Mountain Centre
- 10% off at Serenity – Sports and Holistic Massage Therapies.
To see the full membership offer or to become a member of Shropshire’s Great Outdoors, click here.
Come and enjoy everything that Shropshire’s Great Outdoors has to offer
Discover the fantastic countryside, exceptional views and wonderful wildlife. Explore our Country Parks, heritage sites and play areas or get active on over 5,600 km’s of Public Rights of Way (that’s the same distance as Shrewsbury to New York… on your doorstep!).
Shropshire has many special landscapes including the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Stiperstones and Corndon Hill Country crossing the border in the south west of the county and the internationally important Meres and Mosses in the north. The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal World Heritage Site also includes part of Shropshire around Chirk in the north.
On this website you will find lots of promoted routes for walking, cycling and riding across the county, from The Shropshire Way to Walking with Offa. Plus there are details of other fantastic activities you can do in the great outdoors, from archery to paragliding!
If you are looking for inspiration about where to go or what to do, the Top Experiences pages suggest a wide range of activities for all ages that highlight the incredible wildlife and history of Shropshire… or might just be fun!
Wherever you go and whatever you decide to do, we hope you enjoy Shropshire ‘s Great Outdoors!