This walk is mainly level with a mixture of gates and stiles to negotiate. There is also a flight of steps in Jubilee Park but these are easily avoided using the map as a guide.
Jubilee Park – worthy of the celebration
This park opened in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee. The bandstand was added in 1908 and moved to its present position when the park was extended around 1990. The ‘Old Mill’ at the far end is a reminder that Staggs Brook still passes through the park albeit via underground culverts.
Joyce’s Clocks
At the bottom of the High Street, is a modern clock by the Whitchurch clockmakers JB Joyce. The firm has operated in Whitchurch since the 18th century and its clocks can be seen in churches and many prominent buildings as far afield as South America and China.




